Guest Controller Approval
The Romanian division participates in the Guest Controller Approval (GCA) program, in accordance to IVAO regulation T2. This means only members of the Romanian division and foreign members holding a GCA are allowed to provide ATC services within LRBB FIR. Responsible for issuing and revoking the GCA is the divisional training department.
The distinctive sign of the foreign members allowed to provide ATC services within LRBB FIR is the GCA remark on their IVAO personal profile.
The following requirements have to be fulfilled in order to be eligible for a GCA:
- ATC rating: ADC or higher
- Good standings with the home division
- Good command of the English language. Romanian language skills are welcomed but not required.
- You haven’t had your Romanian GCA revoked in the last 3 months.
- No suspensions in the last 12 months.
NOTE: Exemptions from one or more of the above-mentioned requirements can be made at the discretion of the divisional training department.
The 4 steps to the Romanian GCA:
- Check if you meet the minimum criteria (see above).
- Go to http://ro.ivao.aero/tms and submit your request.
- Have a training session with one of our trainers.
- Show your knowledge of local procedures in a practical checkout. You can perform the checkout on either LROP_APP or LRBB_CTR. If you choose CTR, then you will be allowed to offer services on ANY position within the FIR. Otherwise you will be restricted to APP positions and lower. The training and checkout can be performed using either IVAC1 or IVAC2.
NOTE: You can skip step 3 if you feel confident enough, or your trainer may decide to skip step 4 if you prove your knowledge during the training.
- ATC Frequences http://ro.ivao.aero/en/atc-frequencies/
- SSR Transponder Codes http://ro.ivao.aero/en/ssr-transponder-codes/
- Airspace Structure http://ro.ivao.aero/en/airspace-structure/
- IvAc1 Sector Files http://ro.ivao.aero/sector-files/
- Letters of Agreement (LoA) http://ro.ivao.aero/en/loa-2/
- Charts / NOTAMs / Local Regulations http://aisro.ro/
How to keep your GCA:
- Control at least 2 hours per 2 months (1 hour per month average) on ATC positions within LRBB FIR.
- Follow IVAO R&R and don’t get suspended.
- Follow ICAO and local procedures and stay up-to-date with any changes. If unsure, request a training.
NOTE: The GCA can be revoked at any time if the divisional training department concludes that you have broken any of the above-mentioned rules. You will be notified by email 3 days before removal so you have time to object the decision.