Guest Controller Approval
As per IVAO R&R 5.1.7, the Romanian division participates at the global Guest Controller Approval (GCA) program. This means, no IVAO users other than the members of the Romanian division are allowed to provide ATC services within LRBB FIR, with the exceptions of GCA holders.
The distinctive sign of the non-Romanian users allowed to provide ATC services within LRBB FIR is the GCA remark on their IVAO personal profile.
The following requirements have to be fulfilled in order to be eligible for a GCA:
- ATC rating: ADC or higher
- Good standings with the home division
- Good command of the English language. Romanian language skills are welcomed but not required.
NOTE: Exemptions from one or more of the above-mentioned requirements can be made at the discretion of the divisional training department.
4 steps to GCA:
- Check if you meet the minimum criteria (see above).
- Go to http://ro.ivao.aero/tms and submit your request.
- Have a training session with one of our trainers.
- Show your knowledge of local procedures in a practical checkout. You can perform the checkout on either LROP_APP or LRBB_CTR. If you choose CTR, then you will be allowed to offer services on ANY position within the FIR. Otherwise you will be restricted to APP positions and lower.
NOTE: You can skip step 3 if you feel confident enough.
- ATC frequences http://ro.ivao.aero/en/atc-frequencies/
- SSR Transponder codes http://ro.ivao.aero/en/ssr-transponder-codes/
- Airspace structure http://ro.ivao.aero/en/airspace-structure/
- IvAc1 sector files http://ro.ivao.aero/sector-files/
- LOA http://ro.ivao.aero/en/loa-2/
- AIS ROMANIA http://aisro.ro/
How to keep your GCA:
- Control at least 2 hours / 2 months (1 hour / month average) on a position within LRBB FIR.
- Follow IVAO R&R and don’t get yourself suspended.
- Follow local procedures and stay up-to-date with any changes. If unsure, request a training.
NOTE: The GCA can be revoked at any time following a notice email if the divisional training department concludes that you have broken any of the above-mentioned rules.