The airspace within BUCUREŞTI FIR is divided by FL285 in Lower Airspace (below FL285) and Upper Airspace (between FL285 and FL660).
ATS airspace classification
IFR flights only are permitted, all flights are subject to air traffic control service and are separated from each other. Airspace Class A comprises:
- TMA BUCURESTI.
IFR and VFR flights are permitted, all flights are subject to air traffic control service and IFR flights are separated from other IFR flights and from VFR flights. VFR flights are separated from IFR flights and receive traffic information in respect of other VFR flights. Airspace Class C comprises:
- all ATS routes in BUCURESTI FIR
- all Aerodrome Control Zones (CTR): Arad, Bacau, Baia Mare, Baneasa, Otopeni, Cluj, Constanţa, Craiova, Iasi, Oradea, Satu Mare, Sibiu, Suceava, Targu Mures, Timisoara, Tulcea;
- TMA CONSTANTA, TMA ARAD
- airspace in BUCURESTI FIR above FL105
IFR and VFR flights are permitted and receive flight information service if requested. Airspace Class G comprises:
- all Control Zones of Aerial Work and Airfields of Sports Activity
- all airspace in BUCUREŞTI FIR not designated with another class and Restricted Areas
BUCURESTI FIR has no airspace designated with Class B, D, E, F.