Guest Controller Approval
As per IVAO R&R 5.1.7, the Romanian division participates at the global Guest Controller Approval (GCA) program. This means, no IVAO users other than the members of the Romanian division are allowed to provide ATC services within LRBB FIR, with the exceptions of GCA holders.
The distinctive sign of the non-Romanian users allowed to provide ATC services within LRBB FIR is the GCA remark on their IVAO personal profile.
The following conditions have to be fulfilled in order to be eligible for a GCA:
- ATC rating: ADC or higher
- A minimum of 100 hours online as ATC
- Good standings with the home division
- Good command of the English language
NOTE: exemptions from one or more of the above-mentioned points can be made if the user is a speaker of the Romanian language.
4 steps to GCA:
- Check if you meet the minimum criteria (see above)
- Go to http://ro.ivao.aero/tms, register an account and make a training request.
- Have a training session with one of our trainers.
- Show your knowledge of local procedures in a practical checkout.
- ATC frequences http://ro.ivao.aero/en/atc-frequencies/
- SSR Transponder codes http://ro.ivao.aero/en/ssr-transponder-codes/
- Airspace structure http://ro.ivao.aero/en/airspace-structure/
- IvAc1 sector files http://ro.ivao.aero/sector-files/
- LOA http://ro.ivao.aero/en/loa-2/
- AIS ROMANIA http://aisro.ro/